Remedial Massage Therapy
Massage therapies have been used for thousands of years by people living all over the world as a means of naturally treating both mental and physical body ailments.
Throughout history massage has been used to improve recovery from injury, restore energy, manage stress and reduce pain. Massage Therapy is considered to be one of the longest-standing forms of “healing” modalities.
Some of the physical benefits of massage therapy include:
- reduced muscle tension
- improved circulation
- stimulation of the lymphatic system
- reduction of stress hormones
- increased joint mobility and flexibility
- improved skin tone
- improved recovery of soft tissue injuries
- heightened mental alertness
- reduced anxiety and depression.
Types of Massage Treatment include:
- Myofascial Release – involves the assessment and treatment of soft tissue pain, injury and dysfunction affecting movement and mobility. Myofascial release is applied to muscles, tendons, ligaments and fascia to restore and maintain the health and function of the soft tissue structure of the human body
- Remedial Massage– Works on specific areas of injury or built up tension in the musculo-skeletal system and supports the body’s own healing using specific massage and mobilisation techniques in order to restore normal health and function.
- Therapeutic massage– also known as ‘Swedish’ massage is one of the most popular forms of relaxation massage. This treatment is designed to promote relaxation and improve blood circulation
- Meridian Massage – is a treatment that aims to improve energy flow by working on the acupuncture meridians of the body. The underlying principles of Meridian massage are similar to those of acupuncture.
For more information or to make an appointment please contact us